1701 Franklin was originally built by the First Church of Christ Scientist, Oakland. It was designed by Henry A. Schulze in the Romanesque-revival-style out of Nevada Limestone. The church has a number of large original stained-glass windows that were designed by Charles Grolle.
The church was bought by Jeremy Kidson in 2015. Extensive effort went into restoring this building, including installing an all new hardwood floor in the auditorium and large-scale clear window panes to protect the original stain glass windows. While Jeremy was designing the space, he strove to include “not a single color.” Private offices were also installed in the building. The creative repurposing of this historic building allows for a whole breadth of possible uses for this space.
1701 Franklin is currently on the market.
Contact Ken Meyersieck at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.